Principal Responsibilities for a Vice President of Structured Finance:
- Be the resident expert on governing documents for complex structured investment funds.
- Perform financial analysis, collateral quality and coverage testing, and other analytical work related to asset management and reporting.
- Develop models using Visual Basic, Excel, and Access that maintain relevant information for internal and external monthly reporting.
- Support credit analysts and Management on matters related to fund allocation and structuring of new transactions.
- Develop or assist with the development of tools, financial models and software programs that automate decision support processes.
- Other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong technical foundation
- Microsoft Access
- Visual Basic
- Financial modeling
- Quantitative problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other mathematically rigorous subject (math, physics, electrical engineering, etc.)
- MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Positive, team-oriented, hands-on work style. The work environment is a meritocracy in which office politics are virtually non existent. Each individual must contribute for the greater good of the team.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
- Candidates who also have management experience, in addition to the qualifications listed here, may be considered for broader responsibilities.