This is the lead product position for all Markit Structured Finance Indices (ABX, CMBX, IOS, TRX, PrimeX). The position requires coordination and competency within all Structured Finance products, and is ideal for a proactive, energetic candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to operate independently. This position requires acquired expertise on all indices and industry competency.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Organizing and launching new Structured Finance Index rolls
• Daily communication and relationship management with client front, middle, and back offices
• Cross department interaction for development of new products
• Structured Finance Sales support
• Development and management of products surrounding indices as well as new products
• Serving as product expert for client support, questions, and disputes
• Staying abreast of the development of asset-backed securities and ABS/CMBS markets
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Bachelors Degree is required
• Minimum 3 years of buy-side or sell-side experience required
• Experience with ABS asset classes or comparable experience with Markit Index products required
• Familiarity with Intex Desktop, ABS cashflow structures, and pricing ABS securities
• Familiarity with recent financial regulations (Dodd Frank, EMIR, Basel III)
• Advanced Excel skills are required. Knowledge of SQL preferred
• Knowledge of the business model and use of indices in cash and synthetic markets
• Experience with using/trading/valuing some or all of the Structured Finance Indices.
• Management experience required, ideal candidates must have experience managing a team, preferably across multiple function (development, product, sales)
• Successful candidates must have a demonstrated self motivation and the ability to operate independently.
• Strong relationships and reputation within buy-side and sell-side community required
• Team lead will be expected to interact and learn about every aspect of Markit’s business (sales, other product lines) to properly represent the product and company and to stay abreast of potential internal/external partnerships.
• Team Lead will work within the larger index group, which includes analysts, developers, sales, and management. Ideal candidate will proven ability to coordinate across all of these levels within an organization.